Choiseul Quarter, originally known as Anse Citron because of the large number of lime trees that were grown here, is located on the south western side of St. Lucia. The name was changed officially to Choiseul in 1793.
The taller of St. Lucia’s most famous natural landmarks, Gros Piton is located in Choiseul Quarter. Measuring a height of 797m, it is 47m higher than Petit Piton, which is located in Soufriere Quarter.
The main city of the Quarter of Choiseul in St. Lucia goes by the same name. Home to the local craft of coalpot (an earthenware cooker) manufacturing, many local arts and crafts are available to purchase at roadside craft markets.
River Doree was the main center of activity in the district during the 18th and 19th centuries because of the large, accessible lagoon near the bay in River Doree.
Pon George (Devil’s Bridge). Spanning a 200 foot deep canyon accessed by a hiking trail, this story of this bridge is surrounded in local folklore with the legend that the Devil wanted the soul of the first living thing to cross the bridge, so an enterprising local sent a dog over to cheat him.
Saltibus Waterfall Trail – A hiking trail through a rainforest that ends in a series of 5 large, natural waterfalls that are perfect for a swim
Anse l’Ivrogne Beach – Known as the “Black Hole” because of the 600m underwater drop off, the beach is regarded as one of the best sites for scuba diving in St. Lucia. Lined with palm trees and located at the foot of Gros Piton, it also offers spectacular vistas.
Morne Sion Windmills – the location of these three windmills which date back to the 19th century, offer excellent views of the Pitons.
Sab Wee-Sha Beach – A local favourite, this black sand beach has spectacular views of Gros Piton and neighbouring island St. Vincent.